The Marriage Bureau is found in the Moultrie Courthouse, JM 690.
Other obligations regarding the Marriage Bureau include the annotated following:
- Filing, docketing, and register maintenance of all of the District of Columbia wedding documents from 1811 for this, and assisting the general public inside their review
- Responding to questions regarding wedding license application procedures
- Assisting users of people who would like to correct a wedding record
You might make an application for a wedding permit in 2 methods:
- Go to the Marriage Bureau (place JM-690; Moultrie Courthouse) and complete a paper application: Marriage License Application.
- Submit the applying online (and go to the Courthouse to exhibit evidence of ID, make payment, and get permit).
In most circumstances, you need to show evidence of age for both events through among the after documents:
- US legitimate driver’s permit,
- Government-issued ID that is non-driver’s
The age that is minimum wedding when you look at the District of Columbia is 18 years, or 16 years with all the permission of a parent or guardian.
The wedding permit application cost is $45.00 (this cost will likely to be waived in the event that applicant’s’ original DC Domestic Partnership certification and it is presented during the time of application). Read More